Friday, October 8, 2010

Ah, the smell of burning tea...



On Wednesday October 6th around 8 in the morning the building connected to CaryTown Teas went ablaze.. destroying CaryTown Optical and Appointments Salon which resides on the second floor. CaryTown Teas sustained major smoke damage along with minor fire damage...
The optical shop and salon have extensive structural damage that will most likely take a couple months to repair, in the meantime you can still get ahold of them by calling their business numbers and also temporarily, Cynthia, owner of Carytown Optical is occupying the space directly above CaryTown Teas.
The tea shop is already undergoing repairs and is scheduled to open sometime in the next two weeks. We have already started to get fresh teas in from our farms and we are blending off site as we speak, so if you need your tea fix you can still purchase through our website .
When the store front opens up we are planning a big re-opening party for all of you lovely folks that have been so wonderful during this trying time...You Guys Are Awesome !!!
.........In the meantime I hope you all enjoy this lovely picture of Patricia from the CaryTown Teas Archives....

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I didn't know anything about this. I'm so out of it when it comes to the news, since I don't watch TV. I'm glad that you are okay and that the shop can be fixed up again. I'll stop by and see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've posted a link to this over on West of the Boulevard: http://wotbn.net/coming-back-after-the-fire/

    Please let me know when have a re-opening date, I'd love to be able to help spread the word.

    ReplyDelete